All TLX seating positions have 3-point belts and head restraints. The front seats also have a load-limiting tensioner system. Each airbag features a highly sophisticated deployment system.
- In the first milliseconds of a sufficient impact, tensioners automatically tighten the front belts to help hold the occupant in position against the seatback.
- To help prevent the tensioners from causing undue pressure on the chest, load limiters slightly relieve belt tension, as needed, to help soften the force.
- In addition to two front airbags, two front-side airbags and two side airbags, the TLX is equipped with a driver’s knee airbag to help properly position the driver.
- Sensors in the front passenger seat can determine if it is empty or if the passenger is too small for the passenger’s front airbag to deploy safely, and will disengage the front passenger’s front airbag, if necessary.
- In the event of a moderate-to-severe side impact, the SmartVent™ front side airbag inflates to help protect the driver’s or front passenger’s upper torso.