Gone are the days when a dynamic driving experience was limited to Drive, 1st, 2nd and 3rd. With the new Integrated Dynamics System (IDS), TLX owners not only enjoy an 8-speed dual-clutch or 9-speed automatic transmission, but four unique driving modes: Economy, Normal, Sport and Sport+. One for every mood, you might say.
- The IDS button on the center console lets the driver cycle through the driving modes and view them on the Multi-Information Display (MID).
- ECONOMY – To help maximize fuel efficiency, Economy mode reduces sensitivity to minor throttle input changes, allowing more consistent engine speed. Automatic climate control is also dialed back to ease load on the engine.
- NORMAL – A balanced, Acura-level mix of comfort and handling. “Just right,” you could call it.
- SPORT – The power steering assist is reduced to increase steering feel and feedback. Response levels for P-AWS® or SH-AWD® and the Drive-by-Wire™ throttle are heightened. Active Sound Control is diminished to let in more of the beautiful engine note.
- SPORT+ – While maintaining Sport levels and easing climate control, Sport+ adds a much more aggressive – and much more fun – shifting algorithm. This is the way to experience the full potential of the TLX.