Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™)
To help reduce the likelihood or severity of a frontal impact, all TLX models feature the Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™).
- Powered by a combination of radar transmitter and forward-facing camera, the CMBS™ determines the distance and closing speed of detected objects that lie directly ahead.
- If you do not take action to reduce speed, the CMBS™ automatically begins light braking.
- When the system senses that a frontal collision is unavoidable, and even if no prior alerts have been given, strong braking is automatically applied to help reduce the impact velocity and collision force.
- The goal of the CMBS™ is to alert the driver to apply the brakes. The system assists but is not expected to always avoid a collision on its own.
- To avoid unnecessary warnings, CMBS will not operate at speeds below 3 MPH.