To enhance occupant protection and crash compatibility in frontal collisions, the TLX features the next generation Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE™) body structure.
- The ACE™ design utilizes a network of connected structural elements to distribute frontal crash energy more evenly throughout the front of the vehicle.
- This new generation ACE™ incorporates extra braces at the front corners to absorb and distribute impact energy from narrow offset collisions, in which a small portion at one side of the front end must absorb the collision forces.
- The outer braces are designed to transfer impact load toward the center of the frame where the energy can be distributed around the cabin area more evenly.
- This enhanced frontal crash energy management helps to reduce the forces transferred to the passenger compartment and can help to more evenly disperse the forces transferred to other vehicles in a crash.
- In addition to ACE™, the structure features one-piece hot-stamped door frames that are approximately four times stronger than conventionally constructed door frames.