Integrated Dynamics System
Gone are the days when a dynamic driving experience was limited to Drive, 1st, 2nd and 3rd. With the new Integrated Dynamics System (IDS), TLX owners not only enjoy an 8-speed dual-clutch or 9-speed automatic transmission, but four unique driving modes: Normal, Economy, Sport and Sport+. One for every mood, you might say.
- The IDS button on the center console lets the driver cycle through the driving modes and view them on the Multi-Information Display (MID).
- NORMAL – A balanced, Acura-level mix of comfort and handling. “Just right,” you could call it.
- ECONOMY – To maximize fuel efficiency, Economy mode reduces sensitivity to minor throttle input changes, allowing more consistent engine speed. Automatic climate control is also dialed back to ease load on the engine.
- SPORT – The power steering assist is reduced to increase steering feel and feedback. Response levels for P-AWS® or SH-AWD® and the Drive-by-Wire™ throttle are heightened. Active Sound Control is diminished to let in more of the beautiful engine note.
- SPORT+ – While maintaining Sport levels and easing climate control, Sport+ adds a much more aggressive – and much more fun – shifting algorithm. This is the way to experience the full potential of the TLX.