SMS / Email Function
An integrated SMS text message function44 enables you to respond to incoming text messages in a manner that helps mitigate any potential driver distraction.
- When driving with a paired, activated, SMS-compatible phone, the system will notify you of an incoming text message.
- Rather than avert your eyes from the road by reading the text on a display, the system will ask if you want it to "read" the message to you.
- After the message is read aloud, you can use the center display to select six pre-prepared responses.
- In addition, the system gives you the option to call the person who sent the text.
- Currently the system is compatible with Apple IOS 6, Android 4.4 (KitKat) or later, and Blackberry phones with the MAP protocol. Other models with the required messaging protocol are expected to enter the market in the future.
- State or local laws may limit use of texting feature. Only use texting feature when conditions allow you to do so safely.