On models with the Advance Package, the RLX engine can be started remotely so that the engine is warmed up and the cabin is either heated or cooled appropriately by the time you arrive.
- You can remotely start the engine using the two-way keyless access remote from distances up to 328 feet (100 meters) from the vehicle.
- The climate control is automatically set to 72 degrees, pre-setting the RLX interior close to your desired temperature setting. In cold temperatures, the defrost system will already be working to clear the windshield and even the seat heaters may be activated.
- Only when the RLX detects the remote inside the car can it be driven away.
- LED lights on the remote inform the user of the RLX ignition status.
- Wipers, audio and lighting are disengaged during remote start period, though the security system remains active.