To help reduce the likelihood or severity of a frontal impact, all RDX models feature the Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS)61.
- Powered by a combination of radar transmitter and forward-facing camera, the CMBS determines the distance and closing speed of detected objects that lie directly ahead.
- When the system recommends braking, it will issue an audible alert and flash an orange "Brake" warning on the MID. Advance Package models also project an orange light warning on the windshield.
- If you do not take action to reduce speed, the CMBS automatically begins light braking.
- When the system senses that a frontal collision is unavoidable, and even if no prior alerts have been given, strong braking is automatically applied to help reduce the impact velocity and collision force.
- The goal of the CMBS is to alert the driver to apply the brakes. The system assists but is not expected to always avoid a collision on its own.
- To avoid unnecessary warnings, CMBS will not operate at speeds below 3 MPH.