SMS / Email / Siri Eyes Free
Handheld texting while driving is illegal in most states and highly dangerous in all. The integrated SMS text message and email function44 enables you to respond to incoming text messages while following the law and helping minimize the potential for driver distraction. Drivers with paired, Siri-equipped iPhones®8 can also use voice-command to perform these (and other) functions. When driving with a paired, activated, SMS-compatible phone, the system will notify you of an incoming text message.
- When driving with a paired, activated, SMS-compatible phone, the system notifies you of an incoming text message and asks if you want the message read aloud to you.
- After the message is read aloud, six pre-prepared responses appear on the center display (i.e. “On my way”, etc.). The system also offers a call-back option.
- Currently the system is currently compatible with certain Blackberry® phones, Android 4.4 and other smartphones using the MAP protocol. Other models with the required messaging protocol are expected to enter the market in the future.
- If you have an iPhone® with Siri®, you can ask the familiar, friendly interface to perform multiple functions, including reading and sending texts and emails, checking weather, sports scores and stock quotes, making calendar appointments, and even receiving turn-by-turn navigation instructions.
- Many state or local laws restrict texting while driving. Only use the texting feature when allowable by law and when conditions allow you to do so safely.