On models with the Technology Package, the MDX engine can be started remotely so that the engine is warmed up and the cabin is either heated or cooled appropriately by the time you arrive.
- You can remotely start the engine using the two-way keyless access remote from distances up to 328 feet (100 meters) from the vehicle.
- The climate control will automatically set to 72 degrees, preparing the MDX interior to be close to your desired temperature setting. In cold temperatures, the defrost will already be working to clear the windshield and even the seat heaters may be activated.
- Only when the MDX detects the remote inside the car can it be driven away.
- LED lights on the remote inform the user of the MDX ignition status.
- Wipers, audio and lighting are disengaged during remote start period, though the security system remains active.