Gone are the days when a dynamic driving experience was limited to Drive, 1st, 2nd and 3rd. With the Integrated Dynamics System (IDS), MDX owners not only enjoy a 10-speed automatic transmission with paddle shifters, but five unique driving modes: Snow, Comfort, Normal, Sport and the customizable Individual mode.
- The IDS dial on the center console lets the driver cycle through the driving modes and view them on the digital Precision Cockpit™ and 12.3-in HD center display.
- SNOW – Offers better traction and more confidence by adjusting the amount of power going to each wheel.
- COMFORT – Reduces sensitivity to minor throttle input changes, allowing more consistent engine speed and a smooth ride.
- NORMAL – A balanced, mix of comfort and handling.
- SPORT – The power steering assist is reduced to increase steering feel and feedback. You get an aggressive and fun shifting algorithm. Response levels for the available SH-AWD® and the drive-by-wire throttle are heightened. Active Sound Control is diminished to let in more of the beautiful engine note.
- INDIVIDUAL – Experience the full potential of the MDX on your own terms. You choose the settings for throttle response, steering, shifting and engine sound. Create up to five pre-programmed settings for a customized driving experience.
- SPORT+ – Customizable parameters are optimized to create the highest visceral level of driving excitement. At higher speeds, ride height can even be lowered for improved stability.
- LIFT – Utilizing the impressive capabilities of the Adaptive Air Suspension, the Lift mode provides drivers with on-demand ability to raise the MDX Type S up to 2-inches for increased ground clearance.