The 9-speed automatic transmission with Sequential SportShift paddle shifters is extraordinarily smooth, just like the 3.5-liter V-6 to which it’s partnered. In automatic mode, the MDX driver can choose between economical or sport shifting. Paddle shifters put full manual control right at your fingertips.
- An electronic gear selector offers intuitive, one-touch gear engagement and increases access to the center stack and center console.
- Pushing “Drive” delivers smooth gear changes with an emphasis on fuel efficiency. Selecting Sport Integrated Dynamics System (IDS) mode brings on quicker downshifts and higher RPMs before upshifts.
- Tapping a paddle shifter in Normal, Economy or Sport IDS driving mode engages a manual gear change. Thus, quick gear changes are always available without switching in and out of manual mode. Automatic shifting returns when the MDX reaches a steady speed.
- Grade Logic Control instructs the transmission to hold a gear at higher rpm on a steep uphill or downhill grade.
- To avoid disrupting the chassis or power delivery, Shift Hold Control delays up-shifting when the driver accelerates through a curve.
- Hill start assist eases starts on inclines. Sensing an uphill grade, the system holds brake pressure momentarily while your foot moves from the brake pedal to gas pedal.