2.4-Liter Direct Injection Inline-4
The aluminum block, direct-injected 2.4-liter inline-four delivers 201 high-revving horsepower, 181 lb-ft of torque (both SAE net) and best-in-class thrills per mile. Unlike turbocharged engines, throttle response is immediately impactful. The engine’s light weight means nimble handling and notable fuel economy.
- Intelligent Variable Timing and lift Control (i-VTEC®) increases horsepower by opening intake valves longer and deeper at 4500 rpm and above. This high rpm airflow is further enhanced by Variable Timing Control that incrementally advances the opening of intake valves as rpm rises.
- Direct Gas Injection sends fuel into each cylinder through a multi-hole injector for a more precise, effective air/fuel mixture. In addition to added performance, this significantly reduces fuel consumption at engine start.
- Fuel directly injected into a cylinder also has a cooling effect which increases power with higher compression and no engine knocking.
- The engine’s rigid aluminum block reduces weight for improved handling.
- Reduced friction equals increased fuel efficiency due to offset cylinders, low-tension piston rings, a double-arm chain system and exclusive belt layout for EPS.
- The Drive-By-Wire system supplies exceptional throttle response and feel when navigating challenging conditions.
- EPA Fuel Economy Rating27 of MPG (city / highway / combined)