Keyless Access System & Pushbutton Ignition
The Keyless Access System with Smart Entry® and pushbutton ignition allows you to walk up to the ILX, unlock the doors and start the engine without ever having to take the key out of your pocket.
- The ILX senses the key remote but won’t unlock the door until you touch the handle.
- You can turn the engine and auxiliary controls on and off at the touch of a button.
- If the key remote battery becomes depleted, you can start the engine by pushing the start button and moving the remote in front of the pressed start button while depressing the brake pedal.
- On a hot day, the remote can lower the windows and open the sunroof to air out the ILX before you enter.
- The trunk will not latch if the remote is inside.