The Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™)61 helps reduce the likelihood or severity of a frontal impact. Powered by a combination of radar transmitter and forward-facing camera, the system determines the distance and closing speed of detected objects that lie directly ahead.
- If time allows to alert the driver to apply the brakes, the system will beep and flash an amber “Brake” message in the Multi-Information Display.
- If you don’t take action to reduce speed, the CMBS begins light braking.
- When the system senses that a frontal collision is unavoidable, even if no prior alerts have been given, strong braking is automatically applied to help reduce the impact velocity and collision force.
- The goal of the CMBS is to alert the driver to apply the brakes. While the system assists, it’s not expected to avoid a collision on its own.
- To avoid unnecessary warnings, CMBS will not operate at speeds below 3 MPH