An integrated SMS text message function44 enables you to respond to incoming text messages in a manner that helps mitigate any potential driver distraction.
- When driving with a paired, activated, SMS-compatible phone, the system will notify you of an incoming text message.
- Rather than avert your eyes from the road by reading the text on a display, the system will ask if you want it to "read" the message to you.
- After the message is read aloud, you can use the center display to select six pre-prepared responses.
- In addition, the system gives you the option to call the person who sent the text.
- Currently the system is compatible with Apple iOS 6 or later, Android 4.4 (KitKat) or later, and Blackberry phones with the MAP protocol. Other models with the required messaging protocol are expected to enter the market in the future.
- State or local laws may limit use of texting feature. Only use texting feature when conditions allow you to do so safely.