Leading the way in audio and information technology has its advantages, and its challenges. As the number of features continued to increase, Acura designers foresaw a very crowded center panel. So they designed an intuitive touch screen called On Demand Multi-Use Display™ (ODMD™) to house all the controls you need at any given time. As a result, what could have been more than 41 buttons has been simplified to nine.
- Each of the up to 10 different audio sources in the MDX can be accessed directly.
- Each display has a design that best arranges controls for the particular task at hand, so every panel can be quickly understood and operated.
- Every climate control function is instantly accessible with six hard controls as well as nine touch-screen controls with a near-permanent presence at the bottom of the ODMD™.
- A Shortcut button speeds you to your favorite presets among all audio sources, climate control combinations, navigation locations or speed-dial favorites on your phone.
- All screens can display an instant current status of audio or climate functions while the upper display screen continues undisturbed.
- There are still hard controls available for most climate control functions, and most audio system functions—including changing audio source or radio preset—can be operated with the steering wheel controls.