Collision Mitigation Braking System with Head-Up Warning
To help reduce the likelihood or severity of a frontal impact, the Advance Package features the Collision Mitigation Braking System™ (CMBS™).
- Powered by a combination of radar transmitter and forward-facing camera, the CMBS™ determines the distance and closing speed of detected objects that lie directly ahead.
- If you do not take action to reduce speed, the CMBS™ automatically tugs the seat belt and begins light braking.
- When the system senses that a frontal collision is unavoidable, and even if no prior alerts have been given, the front seat belts tighten, and strong braking is automatically applied to help reduce the impact velocity and collision force.
- The goal of the CMBS™ is to alert the driver to apply the brakes. The system assists but is not expected to always avoid a collision on its own.
- To avoid unnecessary warnings, CMBS will not operate at speeds below 3 MPH.