The powerful 3.5-liter i-VTEC® V-6 engine produces an impressive 279 horsepower and 252 lb-ft of torque, while the refined Variable Cylinder Management (VCM II®) system and low-friction technology produce class-leading efficiency.
- The efficient front-drive model has an EPA fuel economy rating of 20 / 28 / 23 2 city / highway / combined, while the AWD model does nearly as well with a 19 / 27 / 22 rating.
- VCM II enables cylinders to be shut off at cruising speeds in order to increase highway fuel efficiency. Fuel efficiency is enhanced by lower-friction piston rings, the ability to run on lower viscosity oil and transmission fluid, and other friction-reducing features.
- All-aluminum construction, a hollow camshaft, and other weight-saving measures keep the engine lighter for better handling.
- The Drive-by-Wire throttle system provides a precise balance of smooth and responsive operation by adjusting throttle sensitivity to varying driving conditions.
- Access to the engine is more convenient with the addition of hood dampers this year that hold the hood up without the need of a manual strut.