Acura will provide a reimbursement of up to $1,000 to each eligible, original retail
client for the expenses incurred to purchase and install qualifying adaptive equipment
on any eligible purchased or leased Acura vehicle.
- Only the original vehicle owner is eligible for reimbursement.
- Modifications must be completed for the original owner or his/her immediate family.
- Only new Acura vehicles retailed or leased in the United States from an authorized
Acura dealership are eligible.
- Only one reimbursement request per vehicle.
- Lease vehicle modifications may be subject to written lessor approval. The client
is responsible for determining and satisfying lease contract requirements.
- Acura will consider reimbursement for modifications made to vehicles after February
- The written reimbursement request must be received within 6 months of the adaptive
- Fleet and commercial vehicles are not eligible.
- Any alteration or adaptive equipment that Acura has identified that alters the
safety of the vehicle (i.e. seat belt extenders) is not eligible.
ADAPTATIONS, MODIFICATIONS AND EQUIPMENT INSTALLATION
- Qualifying adaptive-equipment or conversion is defined as alterations or adaptive
equipment installation that provide to the disabled user convenient access and/or
the ability to drive the vehicle.
- Alterations or adaptive-equipment installation require a prescription or medical
documentation to be considered for reimbursement.
- Reimbursement requests (invoices) will be compared against the National Highway
Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) website to verify that the alterer or repair
business (individual, partnership or corporation) is registered with NHTSA and that
the modifications are on the list of NHTSA exemptions.
- EXCEPTION: Wheelchair or scooter hoists or ramps do not require a prescription,
medical documentation or NHTSA exemption verification and NHTSA business registration
for reimbursement consideration.
- EXCEPTION: Modifications that "DO NOT" make inoperative any part of a device or
element of design that has been installed on or in a motor vehicle in compliance
with a Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard will not require NHTSA exemption verification
and NHTSA business registration for reimbursement consideration.
- The installation of adaptive equipment must have taken place within the time and
mileage limits of the New Vehicle Limited Warranty.
- If all conditions are met, Acura will provide up to a $1,000 cash reimbursement.
Acura will be the secondary coverage in the case of two or more reimbursement sources.*
* A reimbursement made by another source such as medical insurance will be subtracted
from the client's original total expense. (Example: Total expense $5,000, Insurance
reimbursement $4,000, Client expense $1,000. The client expense of $1,000 will be
reviewed and considered for a maximum of $1,000 reimbursement.)
IMPORTANT CLIENT INFORMATION
- The selection of an equipment manufacturer and installer is solely the client's
responsibility. (Acura does not evaluate or endorse any company or supplier involved
in adaptive equipment. Mobility equipment warranty, installation warranty and related
liabilities are not the responsibility of Acura.)
- Clients can pick up an application at their local Acura dealer, via this website,
or through Acura Client Relations.
REIMBURSEMENT DOCUMENTATION AND PROCESS
Documentation required for reimbursement consideration:
- Completed and signed Reimbursement Application
- Proof of Vehicle Sales or Lease Agreement
- Copy of invoice for adaptive-equipment installation and/or vehicle modification
and proof of payment
- Copy of state driver's license to verify that the person is eligible to operate
a modified vehicle
- Copy of the prescription or medical documentation
- Name of contributing medical insurance carrier/entity that provides primary support,
and policy number
Reimbursements will be processed and mailed within 4 weeks of receipt of all required
documentation. Reimbursement requests should be mailed to:
Acura Client Relations
P.O. Box 2964
Torrance, CA 90509-2964
Please call Acura Client Relations with any questions.
National Mobility Equipment Dealers Association (NMEDA)
National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)
To download an application form, click here
Acura reserves the right to modify or terminate this program without notice.
Acura does not assume responsibility for the quality, safety or efficiency of adaptive
equipment or installation and cannot guarantee that such modifications comply with
applicable government safety standards.