Instrument Panel Display
The ZDX instrument panel complements the luxury coupe’s bold exterior by enveloping you in a circle of soft leather and an aesthetic tour de force of controls, displays and refined surfaces. With the ignition off, the center controls blend in with the dark, satin-finish surface for a rich, monochromatic look. Engage the ignition, and the controls come to life with cool, bright LED clarity.
- The elegant instrument panel features an artful combination of contrasting surfaces and high-grade composite materials.
- The center control panel has a well-organized, intuitive grouping of controls for the audio, climate and Acura Navigation System10.
- The display screen sits on top of the dash to minimize eye diversion from the road.
- Steering wheel controls allow convenient operation of the audio system, cruise control, phone and the Multi-Information Display.
- The Voice Recognition system enables most of the center panel controls to be engaged through voice commands.
Steering Wheel Controls
A three-spoke, leather-wrapped steering wheel provides comfortable, confident road handling. It is also host to a series of well-placed, easy-to-use system controls.
- The left and right spokes contain integrated buttons for the audio and cruise control systems.
- Just behind the upper spokes are shift paddles for the Sequential SportShift transmission.
- Under the left spoke, your thumb will easily find the Voice Recognition and Bluetooth®11 HandsFreeLink® controls.
- Under the right spoke are controls to navigate the Multi-Information Display, located between the tachometer and speedometer.
Center Panel Displays
Three separate displays in the center of the instrument panel provide you with a wealth of information that’s easy to read at a glance.
- The 8-inch high-resolution screen at the top of the dash not only displays navigation information, it also helps you operate a variety of system controls.
- Push the “Audio” button, and the screen will display all current information from your selected audio source. For HDD, CD, iPod, and USB sources, this includes artist and track info and the next three track titles.
- XM Radio4 and RDS FM stations will also display programming information.
- Detailed Bluetooth®11 HandsFreeLink®, and AcuraLink® information is also available.
- The wallpaper feature can display a personal photo on the screen when the navigation system is not in use. Up to 20 wallpaper images—10 per driver—can be downloaded and stored on the hard drive.
- A lower LCD display features time and detailed climate-control status information, while a third display shows audio information, Bluetooth connection status, and depending on the paired cell phone model, also phone battery and signal strength.
The Multi-Information Display (MID) is located between the speedometer and tachometer and provides a variety of useful information that’s easy to view at a glance.
- Ambient temperature and a choice of odometer, or one of two trip meters, are shown at the bottom of the display.
- The main section offers a choice of standard trip computer information, oil-life percentage, a Super Handling All-Wheel Drive™ (SH-AWD®) power distribution diagram, tire pressure readings, and several possible alerts.
- The Maintenance Minder™ system displays maintenance reminders through the MID on items such as fluid and filter changes, tire rotation, and more.
- Controls on the lower right side of the steering-wheel hub make it easy to scroll through the displays.
The Voice Recognition feature allows you to perform the most frequently used functions of the audio, climate control, HandsFreeLink and navigation systems without ever taking your hands off the wheel.This system has been refined over through several generations, with each generation offering refinements in command recognition and system response.
- With a simple click of the “Talk” button on the steering wheel, the audio system will instantly mute as you issue one of over 600 voice commands to one of the aforementioned systems.
- Some commands can replace multiple manual functions, for example: “CD 3, song 4” will turn on the audio system, select the third CD, and play the fourth song.
- You can enter a specific address, as the navigation system will recognize over a million city and street names.