The driver and front passenger of the ZDX are each enveloped in a cocoon of soft leather that sweeps from the door, across the dash and flows down the center console. The front seats complete the circle with the same fine leather. And that’s just the beginning of the sumptuous ZDX seating experience.
- The driver enjoys a 10-way adjustable power seat, including a power lumbar support.
- The front passenger is given similar consideration with an 8-way power adjustable seat.
- The front seats have six levels of personal climate controls, including three levels of heating and three levels of cooling.
- The seats cool by drawing air across occupants and into the perforations in the leather, allowing you to quickly reach your desired comfort level.
- For supreme convenience, the 2-driver automatic memory system is designed to record preferences for the driver’s seat, steering wheel and side mirror positions as well as climate control and audio presets.
- Advanced seat frames and power adjustment features help reduce flex in seat movement, imparting a stable and substantial feel.
The rear seats are covered in the same luxuriously soft leather as the rest of the cabin. There’s room for three passengers, with the outboard seats providing optimal comfort.
- When the middle space in the second row is unoccupied, a center armrest can be folded down, providing a soft cushion for two arms, as well as the retractable dual cup holders.
- The adjustable headrests tilt down to improve rear visibility when seats are unoccupied.
- The seatbacks fold 60/40 to form a near-flat floor for increased cargo space.
Open the power tailgate and you’ll find a meticulously designed and lavishly finished cargo area. Your belongings will never have it so good.
- Loop carpeting covers the floor, sides and rear seatbacks.
- A brushed metal door-pull on the floor gives access to a wide, hidden cargo area. Gas struts keep the access panel open as you load items.
- Additional brushed metal door-pulls on each side of the cargo area open panels that reveal additional hidden storage areas. The panels can be removed to widen the overall storage space for items such as golf bags.
- Chrome-finished cargo loops at each corner allow you to help keep cargo secure.
- There’s over 27 cu.ft. of storage behind the back seats.
- Lowering the 60/40 split rear seatbacks provides a near-flat floor and increases the cargo space to over 69.647 cu. ft.
The driver has four separate storage areas within reach, and passengers have plenty of space for their travel accoutrements, making long drives comfortable for everyone.
- A sliding tray at the front of the center armrest provides a perfect place where a small item such as an iPod® can be easily accessed or hidden from view, even while it’s connected to the USB port or auxiliary audio input.
- A button on either side opens the main center console storage area, which is perfect for storing CDs and other personal items.
- A drop-down pocket for sunglasses can be accessed overhead.
- The door panel features map storage and an area suitable for a water bottle.
- The glove box lowers with an elegant dampening movement and has a shelf to hold the owner’s manual and other documents.
GPS-linked Temperature Control
The ZDX provides a dual-zone, dual-mode automatic climate control system that allows the driver and front passenger to create their own microclimates. When direct sunlight is warming one side of the cabin, the system is aware of it and will automatically adjust the heating or cooling to maintain the desired temperature.
- A solar sensor measures the sun’s intensity to determine its impact on interior temperature while the Acura Navigation System’s10 GPS receiver tracks the sun’s position relative to the car.
- As you approach the ZDX, it detects which remote you have and will automatically set your preferred climate control settings.
- If alone, you can synchronize both climate zones to a single setting.
- Adjustable vents behind the front center console allow rear passengers to direct and control airflow.
- Almost all climate control functions can be operated by voice commands.
The Bluetooth®11 HandsFreeLink® system works with most Bluetooth-enabled cell phones to let you receive and initiate phone calls through the ZDX audio system without ever taking your hands off the wheel.
- With a compatible phone, a simple one-time pairing process using the navigation screen is all it takes to connect your phone to the car. As long as your phone’s Bluetooth is enabled, the car will automatically reconnect your phone without it ever leaving your pocket or purse.
- Whether you initiate or receive a call, the audio system will automatically mute, and you will hear the call through the audio system speakers. By speaking to the windshield, your voice is clearly received through sophisticated directional microphones.
- Up to six phones can be paired to the system. If several of the phones are present, you can easily select which one will be connected, and change the selection at any time.
- When available, an incoming call will display the number if it is entered into the speed-dial list.
- HandsFreeLink functions are viewed and operated through the navigation screen.
- You can download all of your compatible phone’s numbers at one time into the navigation system’s hard drive.10
For more details, please visit the Acura Bluetooth HandsFreeLink minisite.
Acura/ELS Surround Sound System
Grammy® award-winning recording engineer and producer Elliot Scheiner helped design the critically acclaimed Acura/ELS Surround®32 Premium 10-speaker Sound System to reproduce music as it’s heard in the recording studio. The system can play 5.1 surround sound DVD-A discs, the highest-fidelity sound medium available. Surround sound can also be extracted from any stereo digital source, thanks to Dolby®5 Pro Logic® II circuitry. Even the most familiar music is sure to be a whole new experience. The source inputs of the standard ZDX audio system are many and varied:
- Approximately 3,600-song 15GB hard disc drive memory (HDD) media storage with shuffle, playlist creation, and an updatable Gracenote® database
- DVD-A, MP3, WMA6 and DTS-compatible disc player
- USB7 Audio Interface for iPod®8 or flash drive enables full operation of the devices through the audio system controls
- XM® Radio4 with more than 170 channels of programming and near-CD quality digital sound
- An auxiliary input jack plays content from personal music players that are incompatible with the USB jack
- The CD player uses a 24-bit D/A converter and can play CD, DVD-A, CD-R/RW, CD-Text, and MP3/WMA formats
Additional audio system features include:
- Song by Voice®, which allows songs stored in the HDD or in an iPod® to be accessed by voice command
- Almost all functions can be performed by Voice Recognition
- 435-watt amplifier with digital 96 kHz sampling for crystal-clear sound
- 10 speakers—1 per door, 2 dash tweeters, 1 center mid-range, 2 rear surround, and a powered 8-inch subwoofer
- Detailed audio system displays through the navigation screen10
- Note function music reminder, which lets you store song information and a 10-second sample as it’s aired on an XM® Radio4 station so you can recall it later
- A speed-dependent volume control automatically increases the audio gain as road speed increases
Learn more about XM Note function
USB Audio Interface with iPod Integration
Hearing your digital music through the ZDX couldn’t be easier with its USB7 connection for interfacing with Apple® iPod®8 players and other USB mass storage devices that contain MP3, WMA6 or AAC music files.
- On a compatible iPod®8, music selection can be controlled through the audio system, including the steering wheel-mounted controls.
- The USB will charge, rather than deplete, a compatible iPod while it’s playing.
- You can plug in, select, and play music from a flash drive or other USB storage device.
- Track and folder information appears on the center display to simplify music search and selection.
- An incompatible iPod and other MP3 players can be plugged into the accompanying auxiliary input jack.
- Both the USB and auxiliary inputs are within the center console-covered storage area where devices can be conveniently carried and discreetly stored.
Song By Voice
The Song By Voice® feature uses the Voice Recognition system to help the ZDX driver find music from the hard disc drive or a USB7-connected iPod®8 simply by voicing a preference.
- The system is initialized with either of the commands, “iPod search” or “HDD search,” after which you can find your preference by first stating your chosen category, such as: song, artist, album, or genre.
- Follow your category choice by stating your desired music selection. For example, if “Equilibrium” is the title song of an album, the command “Play song “Equilibrium” will play the song, while saying, “Play album “Equilibrium” will play the whole album.
- You can also have the system display lists of artists, albums, and other categories on the navigation screen.
Active Sound Control
Active Sound Control (ASC) can reduce unwanted cabin noise by as much as 10dB, countering it with opposing sound frequencies through the audio system speakers.
- Two microphones monitor specific frequency ranges that contribute to unwanted noise in the cabin.
- The ASC system then creates an inverse waveform which, when run through the audio system speakers, cancels out the undesirable frequencies, even when the audio system is turned off.
- The system is linked to throttle position and engine rpm to provide a quieter cockpit during normal cruising, while allowing the engine’s muscular sound to be enjoyed during higher rpm and more spirited driving.
Functionality and Controls
The Acura Navigation System10, uses hard drive data storage for fast response and is viewed through a high-resolution, full VGA, 8-inch screen, mounted high on the dash for quick and easy viewing.
- You can enter an address or search a location from its vast destination database, using the interface dial and easy-to-scan menus on the display screen or simply by issuing commands with the Voice Recognition system.
- The screen will plot your path on the map and show special displays to guide you through freeway ramps, interchanges and forks in the road. It will even provide voiced guidance if desired.
- Additional features include Zagat® Survey ratings and reviews, available AcuraLink Real-Time Traffic™ with Traffic Rerouting™ information and AcuraLink Real-Time Weather™13 that can help you get around delays while traveling to your desired destination.
- Following the 90-day free trial period, AcuraLink Real-Time Traffic and Weather data services are available on a subscription basis for a fee, which can be combined or separate from other XM® subscriptions.
AcuraLink Real-Time Traffic
The 13 feature helps you steer clear of gridlock by providing continuously updated traffic information in major metropolitan areas across the 48 contiguous United States.
- Interstates and expressways are color-coded to indicate traffic flow levels.
- Icons indicate the location of incidents and traffic conditions affected by construction and weather.
- You can also have the system simply list traffic-impacting accidents and construction zones in your surrounding area.
- Traffic Rerouting™ will suggest an alternative route if the system determines it is at least two minutes or 10% quicker.
- The information is aggregated by NAVTEQ™ from multiple sources, including highway patrol incident reports and transportation departments, and is updated approximately every 90 seconds.
- Following the 90-day free trial period, AcuraLink Real-Time Traffic data services are available on a subscription basis for a fee, which can be combined or separate from other XM® subscriptions.
AcuraLink Real-Time Weather
You can determine the weather conditions in your immediate area or anywhere you plan to be with the AcuraLink Real-Time Weather™13 system. It will even alert you if a potential weather-related issue exists along your plotted route.
- Current weather information is shown on the ZDX map display in the form of icons, which can be clicked on to receive details.
- Weather forecasts for the next three hours, six hours, and across the next three days in a given area are available any time.
- A warning map and an additional map showing adverse weather conditions across the U.S. are also accessible.
- Following the 90-day free trial period, AcuraLink Real-Time Weather data services are available on a subscription basis for a fee, which can be combined or separate from other XM® subscriptions.
The Acura Navigation System10 has an extensive database of addresses and points of interest for a variety of handy information.
- The system will not only show you the nearby ATMs, but if, for example, you don’t want to pay a service charge, just tell it to show your bank’s machines.
- You can also find the exact type of restaurant you’re in the mood for, as well as locate schools, parks, hospitals, drugstores, museums, and more.
- Since destinations change over time, CDs with data uploads can be purchased through this website and downloaded to the hard drive..
The Acura Navigation System10 will not only tell you where restaurants are and how to get to them, it can also tell you their price range and provide customer reviews.
- The system’s Zagat Survey® ratings and reviews provide detailed information from a database that you can read on-screen—or if you’re driving, they can be spoken over the audio system.
- If you need reservations, the system can even dial the restaurant for you through a paired, compatible Bluetooth®11-enabled cell phone.
To keep you up-to-date with the latest information related to your ZDX, the AcuraLink® Satellite Communications System uses the XM® Radio4 communications interface. Some of the features available through AcuraLink®13 include:
- A pre-programmed ZDX feature guide
- Dealer appointment reminders
- Direct communication with your dealer
- If you have linked your cell phone to the Bluetooth®11 HandsFreeLink® interface, the system can also contact Acura headquarters and your dealer for the latest diagnostic information.10