Multi-view Rear Camera
The ZDX comes with a rearview camera that automatically produces a display in the navigation screen when “reverse” is engaged. There are three separate views, allowing you to select the one that best serves your situation. You can change the views by pressing the navigation system’s “Enter” control.
- The normal view is ideal to spot items behind the ZDX that are too low to be seen through the rear window.
- The wide angle view shows a 170° view behind the ZDX, which is perfect for spotting approaching vehicles or pedestrians when backing out of parking spots.
- The top-down view is useful for parallel parking or lining up a trailer hitch.
- Yellow guidelines help guide your trajectory and judge distances. The closest guideline indicates clearance for opening the power tailgate.
Blind Spot Information System
The ZDX is equipped with Acura’s blind spot information system that can assist you when making lane changes.
- If the system detects a vehicle in an adjacent lane in the ZDX’s “alert zone” (approximately from the rear half of the ZDX to half a car-length back), an indicator will appear on that side’s windshield pillar.
- The pillar light will flash if the driver activates the turn signal in the direction where a vehicle has been detected.
- In order to avoid disturbing the driver or passengers, no sounds are emitted by the system.
- The indicators only light up when the ZDX is traveling above 6 mph, so they won’t come on when parking, at stop lights, or in stop-and-go traffic.
The ZDX is equipped with Xenon High-Intensity Discharge (HID) headlights for the low beams.
- Xenon lights cast a whiter and brighter light for improved clarity.
- The HID lenses allow a more precise beam pattern that increases road visibility without blinding oncoming drivers.
Front and Rear Parking Sensors
The front and rear sensors help you parallel park and maneuver the ZDX with poise when confronted with tight spaces.
- Sensors in the front and rear alert the driver to the presence of objects detected behind and in front of the vehicle by audible beeps heard in the cabin.
- The beeping increase in frequency as the vehicle gets closer, allowing the driver to determine the distance to the detected object.
Auto Dimming Folding Side Mirrors
The thoughtfully designed side mirrors on the ZDX are a testament to Acura’s commitment to driver convenience and awareness.
- The side mirrors will dim automatically when faced with a bright light after dark. This prevents the driver from being distracted by the reflections of bright headlights as they appear through the mirrors.
- A button on the left side of the dash will fold the mirrors back, making it easier for the ZDX to fit in tight parking spaces or inside garages. You can set the mirrors to automatically extend out again when the ZDX is started.
- While the mirrors are mostly flat, the outer section is convex for enhanced visibility.
As you approach the rear of the ZDX, press a button on the key fob and the tailgate will automatically lift, or you can press a button on the tailgate itself. When you’re finished loading or unloading, just press the button again and it will power down and latch.
- When you’ve come to a stop in the ZDX and are ready to unload, just push a button on the dash near the door, and the tailgate will be open by the time you get there.
- In the event of a power failure, the tailgate can be raised and lowered manually.
- When opening or closing, the tailgate will automatically reverse itself if it encounters any obstruction.