Standard Sound System
The standard TSX has a powerful 360-watt, 7-speaker audio system that provides crystal clear sound throughout the cabin. The system has a variety of input sources, such as:
- MP3- and WMA-compatible6 CD player
- USB Audio Interface7 with iPod®8 integration
- XM® Radio4 with over 200 channels of digital programming and near-CD quality sound
- AM/FM with RDS readout
- Auxiliary input jack
Other system features include:
- A 20cm sub-woofer
- A large display at the top of the instrument panel that provides detailed audio information
- A substantial selector knob that makes it easy to control several functions
- A special selector for RDS stations and XM® Radio that categorizes stations into rock, jazz, classical, etc. for easy navigation
- An automatic preset select button that allows you to preset the most powerful stations in a given area
Acura/ELS Surround Sound System
Grammy® award-winning recording engineer and producer Elliot Scheiner helped design the Acura/ELS Surround®32 Premium 10-speaker Sound System to reproduce music the way it is heard in the recording studio. The system can play 5.1 surround sound DVD-A discs, the highest-fidelity sound medium available. Surround sound can also be extracted from any stereo digital source, thanks to Dolby®5 Pro Logic® II circuitry. In addition to all the source inputs of the standard TSX audio system, features of the Acura/ELS system include:
- Approximately 3,600-song 15GB hard disc drive memory (HDD) media storage with shuffle, playlist creation, and an updatable Gracenote® database
- DVD-A, MP3, WMA6 and DTS-compatible disc player
- 415-watt amplifier with digital 96 kHz sampling for crystal-clear sound
- 10 speakers—1 per door, 2 tweeters, 1 center mid-range, 2 rear surround, 1 powered 8-inch sub-woofer
- Detailed audio system displays through the navigation screen10
- Almost all functions can be performed by Voice Recognition
- Song by Voice®, which allows songs stored in the HDD or in an iPod to be accessed by voice command
- The Note function music reminder that lets you store song information and a 10-second sample as it’s aired on an XM® Radio4 station so you can recall it later
USB Audio Interface with iPod Integration
It’s easy to take your digital music library along for the ride in your TSX. A USB7 connection interfaces with Apple® iPod®8 players and other USB mass storage devices, such as flash drives that contain MP3, WMA6 or AAC music files.
- On a compatible iPod®, music selection can be controlled through the audio system, including the steering wheel-mounted controls.
- The USB will charge a compatible iPod® while it’s playing.
- You can plug in, select, and play music from a flash drive or other USB storage device.
- Track and folder information appears on the center display to simplify music search and selection.
- An auxiliary input jack can be connected to any personal audio device.
- Both the USB and auxiliary inputs are within the center console-covered storage area, where devices can be conveniently carried and discreetly stored.
Music Voice Commands
The Song By Voice® feature uses the Voice Recognition system to help the TSX driver find music from the hard disc drive or a USB7-connected iPod®8 simply by voicing a preference.
- The system is initialized with either of the commands, “iPod search” or “HDD search,” after which you can find your preference by first stating your chosen category, such as: song, artist, album, or genre.
- Follow your category choice by stating your desired music selection. For example, if "Equilibrium" is the title song of an album, the command “Play song 'Equilibrium'” will play the song, while saying, “Play album 'Equilibrium'” will play the whole album.
- You can also have the system display lists of artists, albums, and other categories on the navigation screen.
Active Sound Control
Active sound control is an inventive way to use the audio system to reduce engine noise inside the cabin. Since some engine noise is welcome in a performance vehicle, the system is linked to the throttle position and engine’s rpm to tune the V-6’s sound, based on how it’s being used. The result is remarkably quiet cruising with a satisfying growl upon acceleration.
- Microphones in the cabin detect low-end drivetrain frequencies. The system then creates a reverse-phase audio signal, which is sent to the door speakers and subwoofer to cancel unwanted engine and exhaust noise.
- The system is tuned to deliver a quiet cabin at low rpm, some throaty exhaust tone at mid-rpm, and a crisper exhaust note without high frequency harshness during high rpm.
- The system is always operating even when the audio system is turned off.
AcuraLink Real-Time Traffic
The ™13 feature helps you steer clear of gridlock by providing continuously updated traffic information in major metropolitan areas across the 48 contiguous United States.
- Interstates and expressways are color-coded to indicate traffic flow levels.
- Icons indicate the location of incidents and traffic conditions affected by construction and weather.
- Traffic Rerouting™ will suggest an alternative route if the system determines it is at least two minutes or 10% quicker.
- The information is aggregated by NAVTEQ™ from multiple sources, including highway patrol incident reports and transportation departments, and is updated approximately every 90 seconds.
- Following the 90-day free trial period, AcuraLink Real-Time Traffic data services are available on a subscription basis for a fee, which can be combined with or separate from other XM® subscriptions.
AcuraLink Real-Time Weather
You can determine the weather conditions in your immediate area or anywhere you plan to be with the AcuraLink Real-Time Weather™13 system. It will even alert you if a potential weather-related issue exists along your plotted route.
- Current weather information is shown on the TSX map display in the form of icons, which can be clicked on to receive details.
- Weather forecasts for the next three hours, six hours, and across the next three days in a given area are available any time.
- A warning map and an additional map showing adverse weather conditions across the U.S. are also accessible.
- Following the 90-day free trial period, AcuraLink Real-Time Weather data services are available on a subscription basis for a fee, which can be combined with or separate from other XM® subscriptions.
To keep you up-to-date with the latest information related to your TSX, this easy-to-use proprietary data network uses the XM® Radio4 communications interface. Some of the features available through AcuraLink® Satellite Communication System12 include:
- A pre-programmed TSX feature guide
- Automated Appointments™ with your Acura dealer
- Direct communication with your dealer
- If you have linked your cell phone to the Bluetooth®11 HandsFreeLink® interface, the system can also contact Acura headquarters and your dealer for the latest diagnostic information.
The Acura Navigation System10 has an extensive database of addresses and points of interest for a variety of handy information.
- For instance, you can ask the system to show you the nearby ATMs, and if you don’t want to pay a service charge, just tell it to show your bank’s machines.
- You can also find the exact type of restaurant you’re in the mood for, as well as locate schools, parks, hospitals, drugstores, museums, and more.
- Since destinations change over time, updated database information can be downloaded through this website.
The Acura Navigation System10 will not only tell you where restaurants are and how to get to them, it can also tell you their price range and provide customer reviews.
- The system’s Zagat Survey® restaurant reviews provide detailed information from a database that you can read on-screen, or if you're driving, they can be spoken over the audio system.
- If you need reservations, the system can even dial the restaurant for you through a paired, compatible Bluetooth®11-enabled cell phone.
The Voice Recognition feature that accompanies the optional Acura Navigation System10 allows you to perform the most frequently used functions of the audio, climate control, HandsFreeLink and navigation systems without ever taking your hands off the wheel.
- With a simple click of the “Talk” steering wheel-mounted control, the audio system will instantly mute as you issue one of over 600 voice commands to the audio, climate or navigation systems.
- Some commands can replace multiple manual functions, for example: “CD 3, song 4”, will turn on the audio system, select the third CD, and play the fourth song.
- You can enter a specific address, as the navigation system will recognize over a million city and street names.