When “Reverse” is engaged on a TL with the Technology Package, the large 8-inch navigation screen will display a view of the space directly behind the vehicle below the driver’s normal field of vision.
- A camera located discreetly above the rear license plate can provide clear visibility of many things directly behind the vehicle that are too low to be seen from the rear window.
- The display is also extremely useful when parallel parking.
- The side mirrors enhance rearward visibility by automatically tilting down when reverse is engaged to reveal any objects close to the side of the car.
Blind Spot Information System
The TL can be equipped with a blind spot information system that assists you when making lane changes.
- If the system detects a vehicle in an adjacent lane in the TL’s “alert zone” (approximately from the rear half of the TL to half a car-length back), an indicator will appear on that side’s windshield pillar.
- The pillar light will flash if the driver activates the turn signal in the direction where a vehicle has been detected.
- In order to avoid disturbing the driver or passengers, no sounds are emitted by the system.
- The indicators only light up when the TL is traveling above 6 mph, so they won’t come on when parking, at stop lights, or in stop-and-go traffic.
All TL models are equipped with Xenon High-Intensity Discharge (HID) headlights for the low beams.
- Xenon lights cast a whiter and brighter light for improved clarity.
- The HID lenses allow a more precise beam pattern that increases road visibility without blinding oncoming drivers.
Key Remote Functions
The TL key remote was given a few extra convenience features beyond the usual door lock, trunk release and panic button functions.
- On a hot day, the remote can lower the windows and open the sunroof to air out the TL before you enter.
- The two primary drivers can each store in memory their driver’s seat and side mirror positions, radio presets, and climate preferences, which link to their key remotes. Their settings will be activated the moment the driver’s door is opened.
- On models without the Technology Package, the key folds into the remote, making it more compact for carrying.
- Models with the Technology Package feature the Keyless Start System with push button ignition.