Surround-View Camera System
No matter how tight the spot you can always emerge from the RLX with it perfectly parked thanks to the Advance Package’s Surround View Camera System. Four exterior cameras together give you a 360 view of the space immediately around the car through the navigation display. A camera button among the nav display controls or an even more conveniently located button on the end of the turn signal lever changes camera views.
- Select Reverse, and you are automatically given the traditional rear camera view plus an overhead 360 view. Guidelines appear in each view which correspond with the angle of the front wheels angle to show your rearward path. A press of either camera button switches to show the rear view alone, and another press shows a wide-angle rear view.
- Pressing either “Camera” button when not in reverse shows the 360 view combined with a front view that is ideal for getting that perfect position in the garage. Another button press provides you with a front wide-angle view that is useful for helping you spot an approaching vehicle or person when nosing out a tight spot with a blocked side view.
- Additional views include looking ahead from both sides and just the passenger side view alone.
Multi-view Rear Camera
The RLX comes with a rearview camera50 that automatically produces a display in the center screen when "Reverse" is engaged. There are three separate views, allowing you to select the one that best serves your situation. You can change the views by pressing the center panel's "Enter" control.
- The normal view is ideal to look for items behind the RLX that are too low to be seen through the rear window.
- The wide angle view shows a 170 degree view behind the RLX, which is perfect to look for approaching vehicles or pedestrians when backing out of parking spots.
- The top-down view is useful for parallel parking or backing close to a wall or other obstacle.
- When dynamic guidelines are activated, the guidelines move according to front wheel angle to help guide your trajectory and judge distances.
Jewel Eye LED Headlights
All RLX models are equipped with Jewel Eye® LED headlights which provide a whiter, brighter beam than HID or halogen headlights, while using less energy and lasting significantly longer.
- The low beams are comprised of eight LEDs that shine through 16 lenses. Each pair of lenses is precisely aimed to focus the LED beam over a longer and wider surface area, enabling the driver to see the road more clearly, without blinding oncoming traffic.
- The high beams activate and enable you to identify distant objects 200 milliseconds more quickly than conventional lights. At 60 mph, the car will have traveled over 17 feet by that time.
- During the day, the 16 low-beam lenses act as daytime running lights, giving the RLX the same distinctive light signature, both day and night.
- Even when turned off, the reflective surfaces behind the lenses give the lights a bright, jewel-like appearance.
Blind Spot Information System
The RLX is equipped with the Acura blind spot information (BSI) system20 that can assist you when making lane changes.
- If the system detects a vehicle in an adjacent lane in the RLX “alert zone” (approximately from the rear half of the RLX to half a car-length back), an indicator will appear on that side’s windshield pillar, and an icon will appear on the MID at the center of the gauge cluster.
- If the driver activates the turn signal in the direction where a vehicle has been detected, the pillar light on the corresponding side will flash, and a buzzer will sound.
- The indicators only light up when the RLX is traveling above 6 mph, so they won’t come on when parking, at stop lights, or in stop-and-go traffic.
Sport Hybrid SH-AWD Feature
The Head-Up Display projects a transparent, easy-to-see image onto the lower portion of the windshield allowing you to view key vehicle information while keeping your eyes on the road. There are a wide variety of available displays that can be accessed. The primary display information is a digital speedometer reading which can be accompanied by a display for any one of the following:
- Power distribution monitor
- Tachometer band graphic
- Turn-by-turn directions from the navigation system
- Status of Adaptive Cruise Control and Lane Keeping Assist System (LKAS)59
The head-up warning is a feature on all RLX models and features warning lights that will flash on the windshield automatically. These include:
- An orange shape will flash to warn you to begin braking if the Forward Collision Warning (FCW)55 system detects a potential problem.
- An amber lane marking will inform you that you are drifting to the edge of your lane
While side mirrors are often an overlooked component on many cars, on the RLX they’re surprisingly feature-rich.
- Both mirrors are automatically heated when the rear window defogger is activated.
- When reverse is engaged, the mirrors automatically tilt downward to reveal potential obstructions close to the car.
- The power mirrors are among the many components that can automatically move into a preset position when a driver who’s holding a key enters the car.
- The outer quarter of the driver’s mirror is slightly curved outward to give an expanded view to the side of the car.
- The mirror housing contains a thin line of LEDs that light up with the turn signals.
- With the Advance Package, the mirrors will fold alongside the car at the push of a button or can be set to automatically fold when the doors are locked from outside the vehicle. The side mirrors will also dim automatically in the evening to prevent headlight glare from becoming a distraction.
Key Remote Functions
Despite the handsome design of the RLX key, it’s rarely necessary to remove it from your pocket or purse.
- The door handles will automatically light up as you approach the RLX, starting when you're about three feet away.
- Upon touching the driver's door handle, the seats, steering wheel, and side mirrors will automatically move to the previously determined settings linked to your key. In addition, your presets for radio (AM, FM and SiriusXM® Satellite Radio4), speed dial, and navigation locations (if equipped) will also be activated.
- Once inside, the Multi-Information Display located between the speedometer and tachometer, informs you to start the car by pushing the start button while applying brake pressure.
- When leaving the car, pushing a button on the outer door handle locks the vehicle.
- On a hot day, you can lower all the windows and open the sunroof to cool the car by pressing the unlock button on the remote a second time and holding it as you approach the vehicle.
Remote Engine Start
On models with the Advance Package, the RLX engine can be started remotely so that the engine is warmed up and the cabin is either heated or cooled appropriately by the time you arrive.
- You can remotely start the engine using the two-way keyless access remote from distances up to 328 feet (100 meters) from the vehicle.
- The climate control is automatically set to 72 degrees, pre-setting the RLX interior close to your desired temperature setting. In cold temperatures, the defrost system will already be working to clear the windshield and even the seat heaters may be activated.
- Only when the RLX detects the remote inside the car can it be driven away.
- LED lights on the remote inform the user of the RLX ignition status.
- Wipers, audio and lighting are disengaged during remote start period, though the security system remains active.