Both front seats in the MDX have pronounced side bolsters to provide lateral support for cornering and plenty of comfort for long drives.
- Advanced seat frames and power adjustment features help reduce flex in seat movement, imparting a stable and substantial feel.
- The driver enjoys a 10-way adjustable power seat, including a power lumbar support.
- The front passenger is given similar consideration with an 8-way power adjustable seat.
- Both front seats offer two levels of heating. With the Advance Package, the front seats can vent as well as heat by sending air through the perforations in the leather, allowing you to reach your desired comfort level more quickly.
- For supreme convenience, the 2-driver automatic memory system is designed to record preferences for the driver’s seat, steering wheel and side mirror positions as well as climate control and audio presets.
2nd & 3rd-Row Seats
As part of its 4+3 seating design, the outboard 2nd-row seats closely mimic the front seats with comfortable contoured shapes and pronounced side bolsters to help hold the passengers in place.
- For a commanding view, the cushions sit higher than the front row for a theater-seating effect.
- When the middle space in the second row is not occupied, a center armrest can be folded down, providing room for two arms, as well as retractable dual cup holders.
- In a single movement, the passenger-side 2nd-row seat will tilt and slide forward for easy access to the 3rd-row seats.
- Seats feature plenty of headroom, legroom and adjustable headrests.
- 3rd-row passengers have their own beverage holders and storage pockets.
- The 2nd-row outboard seats feature two-level heating on models equipped with the Entertainment Package.
With the combination of 60/40 2nd-row split and 50/50 3rd-row split seatbacks, the MDX easily adapts to a variety of passenger and cargo combinations.
- Behind the 3rd-row seats lies 15 cubic feet of storage that’s easily accessible though the rear hatch.
- The 50/50 3rd-row seats can be folded flat without having to remove the headrests, raising the cargo capacity to 42.9 cubic feet47.
- For the maximum cargo volume of over 103 cubic feet47, the 60/40 split-folding 2nd-row seats can create a flat-load floor in the rear.
- A hidden storage area under the floor is perfect for trunk items such as tools or anything you want concealed.
There are four separate storage areas within reach of the driver, and passengers have plenty of space for their travel accoutrements.
- The center console features a clamshell opening that allows the driver or front passenger to access the space without disturbing the resting arm of the other.
- This space is perfect for storing CDs and other handy items, plus it offers access to the USB and auxiliary audio input connections on Technology or Advance Package-equipped models.
- The front passenger has access to a large, bin-style glove box and a side console pocket with a sliding cover.
- Overhead is a drop-down pocket for sunglasses.
- The door panels feature map storage and a space designed for a water bottle.
- The base model also has a covered storage area at the bottom of the center control panel.
- The 2nd-row passengers can access the pockets on the front seatbacks, deep storage pockets in the doors, and a dual cup holder in the center armrest.
- The 3rd-row passengers each have an outer armrest with a beverage holder and storage bin.
Automatic Climate Control
To maximize comfort for all passengers, the MDX features a tri-zone Automatic Climate Control system that allows the driver, front passenger and rear passengers to adjust their own temperature and airflow settings.
- 2nd-row passengers select from a climate control panel at the rear of the center console with an LED display and controls for temperature, fan speed, auto/manual switching.
- The driver can synchronize all zones to a dual or single setting when desired.
- Almost all climate control functions can be operated by voice commands.
GPS-linked Temperature Control
Technology Package and Advance Package
When the climate control is in automatic mode and direct sunlight is warming one side of the cabin, the system will automatically adjust to compensate for the heat gain. The system will track the sun’s position to continually maintain the set zone temperatures, as needed.
- The automatic climate control system uses the Acura Navigation System’s10 GPS receiver to continually track the vehicle’s position relative to the sun.
- A solar sensor measures the sun’s intensity to determine its impact on interior temperature.
- The GPS-link is completely automatic.
The Bluetooth®11 HandsFreeLink® system works with many Bluetooth®-enabled cell phones to let you receive and initiate phone calls through the MDX audio system without ever taking your hands off the wheel.
- A one-time pairing process on a compatible phone enables you to communicate wirelessly, and up to six phones can be paired to the system.
- When available, an incoming call will display the number if it is entered into the speed-dial list.
- The phone can then be operated through the vehicle audio system without ever leaving your pocket or purse.
- On models with the Technology Package, you can download all of your compatible phone’s numbers at one time into the navigation database10.
For more details, please visit the Acura Bluetooth HandsFreeLink minisite.