The sophistication of the RDX interior begins with the plush feel of the seats, which are ergonomically designed to provide the support of a luxury sport sedan.
- The Technology Package brings breathable perforated leather on both front and rear seating surfaces.
- Both front seats have dual-level heaters for cold days. Models with the Advance Package get 3-level heating and 3-level ventilation on both front seats.
- The front seats are generously bolstered to keep you and your passenger secure during spirited driving.
- The perfect driving position is just a touch away with the 10-way power adjustable driver’s seat.
- The driver’s seat features two memory settings, which also recall side mirror positions.
- In addition to the usual height and angle settings, there’s a power lumbar adjustment in the driver’s seat to keep your back content during long journeys.
- The front passenger can also ride in personalized comfort with a 4-way adjustable power seat, which is upgraded to 8-way power on models with the Technology Package.
With room for three in the rear, the RDX is a premium five-passenger vehicle with soft, perforated leather for all.
- 60/40 split rear seatbacks allow for a variety of passenger/cargo combinations.
- Rear passengers can direct the flow of heat or cooling with adjustable vents in the rear of the center console.
- Passengers enjoy plenty of leg and toe room with a flat floor (no hump) and generous space under the front seats.
- The center armrest folds down to reveal two built-in cup holders.
The cargo area of the second-generation RDX is more accessible than ever before.
- The width of the tailgate opening is over four feet (48.8”) across.
- There is 26.146 cubic feet of storage behind the rear seats, which is enough for two 29” and two 21” roller bags, plus two 16” carry-on bags.
- With the rear seatbacks up, cargo can be concealed under a retracting cargo cover.
- From the tailgate area, you can lower either or both of the 60/40-split rear seatbacks to enlarge the cargo space. Pull one of the levers positioned on each side near the tailgate, and the rear seatback on that side is spring-loaded to fall forward and form a flat cargo floor.
- With both rear seatbacks down, the RDX offers 76.947 cubic feet of cargo space.
In addition to a generous cargo area, the RDX has many easily accessible storage areas throughout the cabin.
- The main covered storage area in the center console can carry up to 23 CD cases, while a tray above it is perfect for a cell phone or small personal items. The space also includes an accessory power outlet.
- The console has a second covered storage space in front of the shifter that’s perfect for hand-held electronic devices and includes a USB connection, audio input jack and another accessory power outlet.
- The bin-shaped glove box includes a removable tray, sized to hold the owner’s manual.
- The rear of the center console features a small shelf for rear passengers, and there’s also storage in each door panel below the armrest.
The RDX dashboard sports the dual-cockpit design found on all Acura models. With its elegant shapes, refined materials and intuitive functionality, it was smartly designed to enhance your driving enjoyment.
- The available On Demand Multi-Use Display™ (ODMD™) touchscreen contains primary controls for both audio and phone functions freeing up the navigation screen for at-a-glance viewing and information relating to (or independent from) the lower touchscreen.
- Drivers can operate the most frequently used functions directly from the steering wheel, while traditional hard climate controls are located on the center panel.
- Beautifully lit analog gauges display road speed, engine speed, and temperature and fuel level.
- The Multi-Information Display (MID) located between the speedometer and tachometer can be controlled from the steering wheel and provides a wealth of information from tire pressure to average MPG. Models with the Technology, Advance, or AcuraWatch Plus packages have a full-color MID. On models with the Technology Package, this display can also show turn-by-turn directions.
- Models equipped with the HomeLink® system can be programmed using up to three distinct frequencies to consolidate garage or gate remotes.
On Demand Multi-Use Display
Leading the way in audio and information Technology Plus has its advantages—and its challenges. So as the number of features and music sources have increased, Acura designers foresaw a very crowded center panel. The solution is an intuitive touchscreen called On Demand Multi-Use Display™ (ODMD™) that consolidates the controls drivers need at any given moment. What could have been more than 30 buttons has been simplified to nine.
- Up to 10 different audio sources can be accessed directly so you no longer need to repeatedly hit a button to rotate to your desired audio source.
- So every panel can be quickly understood and operated, each display is uniquely designed for the particular task.
- A shortcut button gives quick access to your favorite audio presets, navigation locations or speed-dial favorites.
- When valet parking, another shortcut lets you disable access to various locations and functions, including trunk, glove box, navigation, phone and audio controls.
- The ODMD™ can instantly display a current status for audio and climate functions without disturbing the upper display screen. This feature is particularly useful when navigating to a new location.
Automatic Climate Control
The RDX dual-zone, automatic climate control system allows the driver and front passenger to create their own microclimates.
- Set your desired temperature and airflow distribution however you like. Your front passenger can set an entirely different temperature, and the system will maintain both.
- Rear passengers can direct flow with adjustable vents in the rear of the center console.
- When alone, the driver can easily switch off the dual setting and set the whole cabin to a single temperature.
GPS-linked Climate Control
The automatic climate control system benefits from a GPS-linked solar sensor10 on models equipped with the Technology Package.
- The GPS link monitors the sun’s intensity and location relative to the vehicle, enabling the system to keep each side of the cabin at its designated temperature.
- The system is completely automatic and requires no manual adjustments, regardless of outside conditions.
- Almost all climate control functions are operable by voice commands.
The voice recognition feature that accompanies the optional Acura Navigation System10 allows you to perform the most frequently used functions of the audio, climate control, and navigation systems without ever taking your hands off the wheel.
- With a simple click of the “Talk” steering wheel-mounted control, the audio system will instantly mute as you issue one of over 600 voice commands with 100,000 variations to the audio, climate or navigation systems.
- Some commands can replace multiple manual functions, for example: “CD 3, song 4”, will turn on the audio system, select the third CD, and play the fourth song.
- You can enter a specific address, as the system will recognize over a million city and street names.
Check in with the office without taking your eyes off the road. The Bluetooth®11 HandsFreeLink® system works with most Bluetooth-enabled cell phones to let you initiate and receive calls using the RDX audio system.
- With a compatible phone, a simple one-time pairing process connects your phone to the car. The downloadable AcuraLink app for Apple® and Android smartphones makes pairing, among other functions, even easier. As long as your phone’s Bluetooth is enabled, the RDX automatically reconnects your phone without it ever leaving your pocket or purse.
- Whether you initiate or receive a call, the audio system automatically mutes so the call can be heard through the audio system speakers. Sophisticated directional microphones ensure your voice is clearly heard on the other end.
- Up to six phones can be paired to the system so if, for instance, you are traveling with a spouse and your two teenagers, you can easily select which phone will be connected and change the selection at any time.
- With the Technology Package, you can view and operate HandsFreeLink functions through the navigation screen and all of the numbers on your compatible phone can be downloaded at one time into the system’s10 memory. If an incoming call is on your speed-dial list, the number will automatically display.
For more details, please visit the Acura HandsFreeLink minisite.
Handheld texting while driving is illegal in most states and highly dangerous in all states. The integrated SMS text message function44 enables you to respond to incoming text messages while minimizing the potential driver for distraction.
- When driving with a paired, activated, SMS-compatible phone, the system notifies you of incoming text messages and asks if you want the message read aloud to you.
- After the message is read, six pre-prepared responses appear on the center display (i.e. “On my way”, etc.). The system also offers a call-back option.
- The system is currently compatible with certain Blackberry phones, Android 4.4 and other smartphones using the MAP protocol. Other models with the required messaging protocol are expected to enter the market in the future.
- Many state or local laws restrict the texting feature. Only use it when conditions allow you to do so safely.
Siri Eyes Free
If you have an iPhone® with Siri, and an RDX model with the Technology Package, you can use the Siri feature without touching the phone.
- With your Siri-equipped iPhone paired, simply press and hold the Voice Recognition steering wheel control and hold until you hear Siri respond through your audio system.
- You can ask the familiar, friendly interface to perform multiple functions including reading and sending texts, checking weather, sports scores and stock quotes, making calendar appointments and on Technology Plus Package models, read emails.
- Siri will also find music stored in your phone to be played through Bluetooth Streaming.
5-inch Color Display
Models without the Technology Package
Models without the navigation system are equipped with a 5-inch, full-color, center display screen that offers a variety of information.
- Depending on the audio source, the display gives detailed audio information on the currently played song, which usually includes artist, song, and album info—and even displays the album art, if available.
- The Bluetooth®11 HandsFreeLink® system uses the display to show contact listings or incoming caller information.
- The easy-to-read display makes phone-related systems such as Pandora®45 Interface or SMS text message function simple to use.
- When reverse is engaged, the screen displays the rear camera50 image.