The sophistication of the RDX interior begins with the plush feel of the seats, which are ergonomically designed to provide the support of a luxury sport sedan.
- Leather trim and breathable perforated leather on both front and rear seating surfaces create an impressive aura of modern luxury.
- Both front seats have dual-level heaters for cold days and are generously bolstered to keep you and your passenger secure during spirited driving.
- The perfect driving position is just a touch away with the 10-way power adjustable driver’s seat.
- The driver’s seat features two memory settings, which also recall side mirror positions.
- In addition to the usual height and angle settings, there’s a power lumbar adjustment in the driver’s seat to keep your back content during long journeys.
- The front passenger can also ride in personalized comfort with a 4-way adjustable power seat.
With room for three in the rear, the RDX is a premium five-passenger vehicle with soft, perforated leather for all.
- 60/40 split rear seatbacks allow for a variety of passenger/cargo combinations.
- Passengers enjoy plenty of leg and toe room with a flat floor (no hump) and generous space under the front seats.
- The center armrest folds down to reveal two built-in cup holders.
The cargo area of the second-generation RDX is more accessible than ever before.
- The width of the tailgate opening is over four feet (48.8”) across.
- There is 26.146 cubic feet of storage behind the rear seats, which is enough for two 29” and two 21” roller bags, plus two 16” carry-on bags.
- With the rear seatbacks up, cargo can be concealed under a retracting cargo cover.
- From the tailgate area, you can lower either or both of the 60/40-split rear seatbacks to enlarge the cargo space. Pull one of the levers positioned on each side near the tailgate, and the rear seatback on that side is spring-loaded to fall forward and form a flat cargo floor.
- With both rear seatbacks down, the RDX offers 76.947 cubic feet of cargo space.
In addition to a generous cargo area, the RDX has many easily accessible storage areas throughout the cabin.
- The main covered storage area in the center console can carry up to 23 CD cases, while a tray above it is perfect for a cell phone or small personal items. The space also includes an accessory power outlet.
- The console has a second covered storage space in front of the shifter that’s perfect for hand-held electronic devices and includes a USB connection, audio input jack and another accessory power outlet.
- The bin-shaped glove box includes a removable tray, sized to hold the owner’s manual.
- The rear of the center console features a small shelf for rear passengers, and there’s also storage in each door panel below the armrest.
Automatic Climate Control
The RDX dual-zone, automatic climate control system allows the driver and front passenger to create their own microclimates.
- Set your desired temperature and airflow distribution however you like. Your front passenger can set an entirely different temperature, and the system will maintain both.
- When alone, the driver can easily switch off the dual setting and set the whole cabin to a single temperature.
GPS-linked Climate Control
The automatic climate control system benefits from a GPS-linked solar sensor10 on models equipped with the Technology Package.
- The GPS link monitors the sun’s intensity and location relative to the vehicle, enabling the system to keep each side of the cabin at its designated temperature.
- The system is completely automatic and requires no manual adjustments, regardless of outside conditions.
- Almost all climate control functions are operable by voice commands.
The RDX dashboard sports the dual-cockpit design found on all Acura models. With its elegant shapes, refined materials and intuitive functionality, it was smartly designed to enhance your driving enjoyment.
- The center control panel includes a full array of controls that can be efficiently engaged by the simple push of a button. Everything is within easy reach, while the floor console design provides a spacious feel.
- Controls are positioned into separate zones for audio, climate and (where applicable) navigation systems, and buttons have varying shapes, so they are easy to identify by feel.
- Display screens are mounted high to help minimize eye diversion from the road.
- Steering-wheel controls allow convenient operation of the audio system, cruise control, phone and the Multi-Information Display.
- Models with the Technology Package are equipped with a Voice Recognition system that enables most of the center panel controls to be engaged through voice commands.
The voice recognition feature that accompanies the optional Acura Navigation System10 allows you to perform the most frequently used functions of the audio, climate control, and navigation systems without ever taking your hands off the wheel.
- With a simple click of the “Talk” steering wheel-mounted control, the audio system will instantly mute as you issue one of over 600 voice commands with 100,000 variations to the audio, climate or navigation systems.
- Some commands can replace multiple manual functions, for example: “CD 3, song 4”, will turn on the audio system, select the third CD, and play the fourth song.
- You can enter a specific address, as the system will recognize over a million city and street names.
The Bluetooth®11 HandsFreeLink® system works with many Bluetooth-enabled cell phones to let you receive and initiate phone calls through the RDX audio system without ever taking your hands off the wheel.
- The central color display shows the caller’s name, number and reception strength (depending on cell phone).
- A one-time pairing process on a compatible phone enables you to communicate wirelessly.
- A simple phone-transfer process allows you to upload frequently used numbers so that they can be dialed by voice command.
- The phone can then be operated through the vehicle audio system without ever leaving your pocket or purse.
For more details, please visit the Acura HandsFreeLink minisite.
SMS / Email
Acura has redirected the temptation to engage in hand-held texting with an integrated SMS text message function44 that enables you to respond to incoming text messages in a manner that helps mitigate any potential driver distraction.
- When driving with a paired, activated, SMS-compatible phone, the system will notify you of an incoming text message.
- Rather than avert your eyes from the road by reading the text on a display, the system will ask if you want it to “read” the message to you.
- After the message is read aloud, you can use the center display to select one of six pre-prepared responses. These messages include:
- Talk to you later, I’m driving
- I’m on my way
- I’m running late
- In addition, the system gives you the option to call the person who sent the text.
- State or local laws may limit use of texting feature. Only use texting feature when conditions allow you to do so safely.
5-inch Color Display
Models without the Technology Package
Models without the navigation system are equipped with a 5-inch, full-color, center display screen that offers a variety of information.
- Depending on the audio source, the display gives detailed audio information on the currently played song, which usually includes artist, song, and album info—and even displays the album art, if available.
- The Bluetooth®11 HandsFreeLink® system uses the display to show contact listings or incoming caller information.
- The easy-to-read display makes phone-related systems such as Pandora® Interface or SMS text message function simple to use.
- When reverse is engaged, the screen displays the rear camera image.