Standard Audio System
The easy-to-operate standard RDX audio system offers clear, dynamic sound with seven speakers around the cabin, including an 8-inch subwoofer. A large display at the top of the instrument panel provides detailed audio information.
- A speed-sensitive volume control increases the audio gain automatically as road speed increases.
- When driving into a new area, the automatic preset select button allows you to preset the most powerful stations. Push it again and your original presets return.
The system can accommodate a wide variety of audio sources, which include:
- USB Audio Interface7 for iPod®8
- MP3- and WMA6-compatible CD player
- AM/FM with RDS readout
- SiriusXM Satellite Radio4 which has more than 170 channels of digital programming and near-CD quality sound
- Auxiliary input jack
- The ability to interface with a Pandora® application45 loaded onto a paired iPhone
Acura/ELS Surround Sound System
Grammy® award-winning recording engineer and producer Elliot Scheiner helped design the Acura/ELS Surround®32 Premium 10-speaker Sound System to reproduce music the way it is heard in the recording studio. As a result, surround sound fills the car from any stereo digital source. In addition to all the source inputs of the standard RDX audio system, features of the Acura/ELS system include:
- DVD-A, MP3- and WMA6-compatible disc player
- The ability to interface with the Pandora® application45 loaded onto a paired, compatible iPhone.
- 10 speakers, including one per door, two tweeters, one center mid-range, two rear surround, one powered 8-inch subwoofer
- Detailed audio system displays through the navigation screen10
- Dolby®5 Pro Logic® II extracts surround sound from any digital stereo source
- Almost all functions can be performed through the voice recognition system
- The Note function allows you to store song information and a 10-second sample as it is aired on an SiriusXM Satellite Radio4 station so you can recall it later
Learn more about Acura ELS/Surround Sound
USB & iPod Integration
In the RDX, you can take your digital music library along for the ride on your iPod, USB flash drive or compatible phone. You can even have your own personal DJ with Pandora®45 loaded on an iPhone.
- You can operate Pandora with the stereo controls when directly connected using the USB jack; Bluetooth® Audio streaming does not allow application integration.
- A USB connection interfaces with Apple® iPod®8 players and other USB mass storage devices, such as flash drives that contain MP3, WMA6 or AAC music files.
- Track information appears on the center display. Selection can be controlled using the audio system, including the steering wheel-mounted controls.
- The USB will charge a compatible iPod® while it’s playing.
- An auxiliary input jack can be connected to any iPod, MP3 player or other audio device.
- Both the USB and auxiliary inputs are within the center console-covered storage area, where devices can be conveniently carried and discreetly stored.
Song By Voice
The Song By Voice® feature uses the Voice Recognition system to help the RDX driver find music from the hard disk drive or a USB7-connected iPod®8 simply by voicing a preference.
- The system is initialized with either of the commands, “iPod search” after which you can find your preference by first stating your chosen category, such as: song, artist, album, or genre.
- Follow your category choice by stating your desired music selection. For example, if “Equilibrium” is the title song of an album, the command, “Play song, ‘Equilibrium’” will play the song, while saying, “Play album, ‘Equilibrium’” will play the whole album.
- You can also have the system display lists of artists, albums, and other categories on the navigation screen.
AcuraLink Real-Time Traffic
The ™13 feature helps you steer clear of gridlock by providing continuously updated traffic information in major metropolitan areas across the 48 contiguous United States.
- Interstates and expressways are color-coded to indicate traffic flow levels.
- Icons indicate the location of incidents and traffic conditions affected by construction and weather.
- Traffic Rerouting™ will suggest an alternative route if the system determines it is at least two minutes or 10% quicker.
- The information is aggregated by NAVTEQ™ from multiple sources, including highway patrol incident reports and transportation departments, and is updated approximately every 90 seconds.
- Following the 90-day free trial period, AcuraLink Real-Time Traffic data services are available on a subscription basis for a fee, which can be combined with or separate from other SiriusXM4 subscriptions.
AcuraLink Real-Time Weather
You can determine the weather conditions in your immediate area or anywhere you plan to be with the Acura Navigation System's10 AcuraLink Real-Time Weather™ system13. It will even alert you if a potential weather-related issue exists along your plotted route.
- Current weather is shown on the RDX map display in the form of icons, which can be clicked on to receive details.
- Weather forecasts for the next three and six hours in a given area are available anytime.
- A warning map showing adverse weather conditions across the U.S. is also accessible.
- Following the 90-day free trial period, AcuraLink Real-Time Weather data services are available on a subscription basis for a fee, which can be combined with or separate from other SiriusXM4 subscriptions.
To keep you up to date with the latest information related to your RDX, this easy-to-use proprietary data network uses the SiriusXM Satellite Radio4 communications interface. Some of the features available through AcuraLink®10 include:
- A pre-programmed RDX feature guide
- Dealer appointment reminders
- Direct communication with your dealer
- If you have linked your cell phone to the Bluetooth®11 HandsFreeLink® interface, the system can also contact Acura headquarters and your dealer for the latest diagnostic information.
The Acura Navigation System10 has an extensive database of addresses and points of interest for a variety of handy information.
- The system will not only show you the nearby ATMs, if, for example, you don’t want to pay a service charge, just tell it to show your bank’s machines.
- You can also find the exact type of restaurant you’re in the mood for, as well as locate schools, parks, hospitals, drugstores, museums, and more.
- Since destinations change over time, CDs with data uploads can be purchased through this website and downloaded to the hard drive.
The Acura Navigation System10 will not only tell you where restaurants are and how to get to them, it can also tell you their price range and provide customer reviews.
- The system’s Zagat Survey® restaurant reviews provide detailed information from a database that you can read onscreen, or if you’re driving, they can be spoken over the audio system.
- If you need reservations, the system can even dial the restaurant for you through your compatible Bluetooth®11-enabled cell phone.