Multi-View Rear Camera
All RDX models are equipped with a rearview camera50 that automatically produces three available views of the area behind the vehicle when “reverse” is engaged. The standard system has a 5-inch, full-color display above the center controls. Navigation system-equipped models use the 8” navigation screen.
- The regular view is ideal to help survey areas directly behind the RDX while backing up or parking.
- The wide angle view shows a 170° perspective behind the RDX, which is perfect to help spot approaching vehicles when backing out of parking spots.
- The top-down view is useful for parallel parking or lining up a trailer hitch.
- Yellow guidelines help guide your trajectory and judge distances. The closest guideline indicates the clearance for opening the power tailgate.
- On models with the Technology Package the guidelines are dynamic, showing your expected rearward trajectory based on the steering angle of the front wheels.
Rear Cross Traffic Monitor
Whether backing out of parking space or onto a busy street, the RDX has your back.
- Sensors located near the rear corners of the RDX can detect approaching vehicles from either side of the parking lot lane.
- The monitor is particularly useful when other parked vehicles hinder side-to-side vision.
- With the Multi-view rear camera50 in Normal or Wide mode, the driver is alerted to a detected, approaching vehicle by an audible chime and amber arrows in the rear camera monitor.
Jewel Eye Headlights
Stunning, highly illuminating Jewel Eye® LED headlights are standard on all RDX models. Five low-profile LEDs per headlight provide a whiter, brighter beam while using less energy and lasting significantly longer than HID or traditional halogen headlights.
- Using precisely-aimed lenses, the three outer LEDs on each light comprise the low beams and reveal the road more clearly without blinding oncoming traffic. The high beams add the two inner LEDs to illuminate distant objects 200 milliseconds sooner than conventional lights. At 60 mph, that’s over 17 feet.
- Underlining the headlights is a distinctive LED light bar for Daytime Driving Light duty.
- When turned off, reflective surfaces behind the lenses contribute to the bright, jewel-like appearance.
The Advance Package includes parking sensors for both the front and rear.
- The sensors detect when the RDX is closely approaching a vehicle or surface in the front or rear.
- When the RDX is close to a detected obstruction, a beep sounds in the cabin. The beep sounds more rapidly as you get closer.
Keyless Access System
The Keyless Access System with smart entry and pushbutton ignition allows you to walk up to the RDX, unlock the doors, have the car set your preferences and start the engine without ever having to take the key out of your pocket.
- The vehicle will sense the key remote but will not unlock the door until you touch the handle.
- You can turn the engine and auxiliary controls on and off at the touch of a button.
- If the key fob battery runs out, you can start the engine by pushing the start button and moving the key in front of the pressed start button while depressing the brake pedal.
Press a button on the key fob, and the tailgate will automatically open for you. And when you’re finished loading or unloading, press the button again, and it will power down and latch.
- The tailgate will also activate from a button on the dashboard, as well as by the tailgate handle.
- In the event of a power failure, the tailgate can be raised and lowered manually.
- When opening or closing, the tailgate is designed to automatically reverse itself if it senses an obstruction.
Remote Engine Start
On models with the Advance Package, the RDX engine can be started remotely so that the engine is warmed up and the cabin is either heated or cooled appropriately by the time you arrive.
- You can remotely start the engine using the two-way keyless access remote from distances up to 328 feet (100 meters) from the vehicle.
- The climate control will automatically set to 72 degrees, preparing the RDX interior to be close to your desired temperature setting. In cold temperatures, the defrost will already be working to clear the windshield and even the seat heaters may be activated.
- Only when the RDX detects the remote inside the car can it be driven away.
- LED lights on the remote inform the user of the RDX ignition status.
- Wipers, audio and lighting are disengaged during remote start period, though the security system remains active.
Rain Sensing Wipers
When the wiper control is set to auto, sensors observing the presence of rain on the windshield will automatically turn on the wipers when needed.
- Wiper activity will increase with the degree of rain detected.
- Cessation of rain will cause the wipers to automatically stop.