Standard Audio System
Experience clear, dynamic sound with the easy-to-operate standard MDX Acura Premium audio system. The system is operated by the center touch screen (ODMD™) offering direct access to all audio sources and easy-to-read controls & displays. Most primary functions can also be operated by the steering wheel controls. The wide variety of available audio sources includes:
- USB7 Audio Interface for iPod®8 or flash drive enabling full operation through the audio system controls.
- MP3- and WMA6-compatible CD player.
- SiriusXM® Satellite Radio4 which has more than 140 channels of digital programming and near-CD quality sound.
- AM/FM with RDS readout.
- An auxiliary input jack plays content from personal music players that are incompatible with the USB jack.
- The ability to interface with a Pandora®45 application loaded onto a paired iPhone®8.
It’s easy to take your digital music library along for the ride in your MDX. A USB7 connection interfaces with Apple® iPod®8 players and other USB mass storage devices, such as flash drives that contain MP3, WMA6 or AAC music files.
- On a compatible iPod®8, music selection can be controlled through the audio system, including the steering wheel-mounted controls.
- Track and folder information appear on the center display to simplify music search and selection.
- The USB will charge, rather than deplete, a compatible iPod while it’s playing.
- An auxiliary input jack can be connected to any iPod®, MP3 player or other audio device.
- Both the USB and auxiliary inputs are within the center console-covered storage area, where devices can be conveniently carried and discreetly stored.
Music Voice Commands
What do you want to hear? Say the word through the voice recognition system and the Song By Voice® feature retrieves your music from the hard drive or a USB7-connected iPod®8.
- You can initialize the system by speaking “iPod search” or “HDD search.” Then, find your preference by first stating your chosen category, such as: song, artist, album, or genre.
- Follow your category choice by stating your music selection. For example, if “X” is the song title, simply speak “Play song X” to play the song. If you say “Play album X,” you will hear the entire album.
- You can also have the system display lists of artists, albums, and other categories on the navigation screen.
Rear Entertainment System
Keep boredom at bay on long trips for 2nd- and 3rd-row passengers with an entertainment system that’s available on models with either the Technology or Advance Package.
- The Entertainment Package features the Acura DVD Rear Entertainment System, which includes a 9-inch screen that is lowered from an overhead console.
- On models which also include the Advance Package, the 9-inch screen is replaced with an extra-wide 16.2 inch screen in the overhead console. The screen can show wide-ratio movies or even accommodate two separate video sources and show both images side by side.
- The Entertainment package also gains a ceiling-mounted speaker for improved surround sound. The Advance Package adds two ceiling-mounted speakers.
- In addition to audio that is routed through the sound system speakers, passengers may use wireless Personal Surround headphones or connect through three available audio jacks.
- An auxiliary input jack and 110-volt outlet are provided for attaching a game console, laptop computer, or other small device. Advance Package models also have an HDMI input for a wider variety of video sources.
- The system can play the full range of audio content available from the MDX audio system, and in most cases, will operate independently from the front, allowing the rear passengers to enjoy a separate type of programming.
- An illuminated and removable wireless remote and LCD control screen provides clear and intuitive operation.
AcuraLink Real-Time Traffic
The AcuraLink Real-Time Traffic™57 feature helps you steer clear of gridlock by providing continuously updated traffic information in major metropolitan areas across the 48 contiguous United States. It’s free for three years and, after that, available by a subscription service.
- Interstates, expressways and now, busy side streets are all color-coded to indicate traffic flow levels.
- Icons indicate the location of incidents and traffic conditions affected by construction and weather.
- Traffic Rerouting™ will suggest an alternative route if the system determines that the alternative is at least two minutes or 10% quicker.
- You can also have the system simply list traffic-impacting collisions and construction zones in your surrounding area.
AcuraLink The Next Generation
The MDX offers a whole new generation of AcuraLink®70. The system now features two-way cellular communication through an embedded cellular device, making it more versatile. Location and diagnostic information can be sent and retrieved from the car, allowing greater interaction with a smartphone, as well as more available services. Many AcuraLink features are free of charge, while others will require a subscription service. Some of the other highlights are:
- The MDX can instantaneously send out an emergency notification if an airbag has been deployed.
- If the MDX has been stolen, its location can be tracked.
- AcuraLink Real-Time Traffic™57 can now show traffic levels on busy side streets as well as freeways.
- A location on a smartphone can be sent to the navigation system.
- As part of a subscription service, a live concierge can help you find destinations and send directions to your navigation system.
- You can remotely lock or unlock your vehicle using your smartphone.
Go to the AcuraLink Section
Maintain your bearings with the Acura Navigation System10 with an extensive database of addresses and points of interest which offers you a variety of handy information.
- The system will not only show you the nearby ATMs, if you tell it to only show your bank’s ATM’s because you don’t want to pay a service charge, it will only show those machines.
- You can also find the exact type of restaurant you’re in the mood for as well as locate schools, parks, hospitals, drugstores, museums, and more.
- Since destinations change over time, downloadable updates can be purchased through this website.
In addition to the sophisticated, new touch-screen controls and the versatile steering-wheel controls, the voice recognition feature that accompanies the Acura Navigation System10 allows you to perform the most frequently used functions of the audio, climate control and navigation systems without ever lifting a finger.
- With a simple click of the “Talk” steering wheel-mounted control, the audio system will instantly mute as you issue one of 600-plus voice commands to the audio, climate or navigation systems.
- If you come to an unfamiliar information display on the navigation screen, voiced guidance prompts can help you with command choices, and available command choices will be highlighted.
- Some commands can replace multiple manual functions, for example: “CD, song 4”, will turn on the audio system, select CD as an audio source, and play the fourth song.
- You can enter a specific address, as the navigation system will recognize over a million city and street names.
- This is the latest edition of the voice recognition system, which Acura has been offering and refining for over a decade.