The ILX dashboard sports the dual-cockpit design found on all Acura models. With its elegant shapes, refined materials and intuitive functionality, it was smartly designed to enhance your driving enjoyment.
- The center control panel includes a full array of controls that can be efficiently engaged by the simple push of a button. Everything is within easy reach, while the floor console design provides a spacious feel.
- Controls are positioned into separate zones for audio, climate and (where applicable) navigation systems, and buttons have varying shapes, so they are easy to identify by feel.
- Display screens are mounted high to help minimize eye diversion from the road.
- Steering-wheel controls allow convenient operation of the audio system, cruise control, phone and the Multi-Information Display.
- Models with the Technology Package are equipped with a voice recognition system that enables most of the center panel control functions to be engaged through voice commands.
The voice recognition feature that accompanies the optional Acura Navigation System10 allows you to perform the most frequently used functions of the audio, climate control, and navigation systems without ever taking your hands off the wheel.
- With a simple click of the “Talk” steering wheel-mounted control, the audio system will instantly mute as you issue one of over 600 voice commands (with 100,000 variations) to the audio, climate or navigation systems.
- Some commands can replace multiple manual functions, for example: “CD, song 4,” will turn on the audio system, select the CD as audio input, and play the fourth song.
- You can enter a specific address, as the system will recognize over a million city and street names.
The Bluetooth®11 HandsFreeLink® system works with many Bluetooth-enabled cell phones to let you receive and initiate phone calls through the ILX audio system without ever taking your hands off the wheel.
- The central color display shows the caller’s name, number and reception strength (depending on cell phone).
- A one-time pairing process on a compatible phone enables you to communicate wirelessly.
- A simple phone-transfer process allows you to upload frequently used numbers so that they can be dialed by voice command.
- The phone can then be operated through the vehicle audio system without ever leaving your pocket or purse.
For more details, please visit the Acura HandsFreeLink minisite.
SMS Text Message Function
Acura has redirected the temptation to engage in hand-held texting with an integrated SMS text message function44. This function allows you to respond to incoming text messages in a manner that helps mitigate any potential driver distraction.
- When driving with a paired, activated, SMS-compatible phone, the system will notify you of an incoming text message.
- Rather than avert your eyes from the road by reading the text on a display, the system will ask if you want it to “read” the message to you.
- After the message is read aloud, you can use the center display to select six pre-prepared responses. These messages include:
- Talk to you later, I’m driving
- I’m on my way
- I’m running late
- In addition, the system gives you the option to call the person who sent the text.
- State or local laws may limit use of texting feature. Only use texting feature when conditions allow you to do so safely.
5-inch Color Display
Standard on Models without the Technology Package
Models without the navigation system are equipped with a 5-inch, full-color, center display screen that offers a variety of information.
- Depending on the audio source, the display gives detailed audio information on the currently played song, which usually includes artist, song, and album info—and even displays the album art, if available.
- The Bluetooth®11 HandsFreeLink® system uses the display to show contact listings or incoming caller information.
- The easy-to-read display makes phone-related systems such as Pandora® compatibility or SMS text message function simple to use.
- When reverse is engaged, the screen displays the rear camera image.